Saturday, February 3, 2007

Circle Game Saturday


I have been raised by two parents who love to ask questions. They are great at it, it is their way of making people feel at ease...and it works. Their questioning techniques have rubbed off on me. I love to ask people questions. The "Circle Game" title developed sometime in college. I would ask a question and then make my beloved college friends sit around the dinner table or on the floor in a circle and answer. Since then I have involved family, friends, and co-workers. Some "play" begrudgingly, but I always end up getting incredibly interesting answers.

So here are the rules... there are none except that you have to answer.


First question: What would a perfect Saturday look like?


Mine would be cooking breakfast for my loved one. Scrapbooking with family and friends. Eating a lovely dinner that my husband cooked for me and spending some quality time with T (husband). Exercising would be somewhere in there as well. Not that I like doing it, but I love the feeling afterward...it would be worth it.

7 comments:

Ryan said...

I don't know what my answer would be, but I am more pumped because I've never been able to play one of the coveted "circle games."

Next time, I'll be ready... :)

Malissa said...

nope.........you have to answer, Ryan...here is your chance!

OK - my perfect Saturday would involve a huge gourmet breakfast (after I've slept in, of course), doing a teeny bit of laundry and housecleaning (to feel productive), working out for 45 minutes, quick power-nap, meeting up with every one of my favorite friends to go shopping and eat a good dinner, attend a really GOOD movie, then have all of my friends at a fun irish pub of sorts.

Anna@MetaMusings said...

I agree with Malissa, Ryan. The rule is you have to answer. Although, maybe I'll let you slide this once. ;). Miss - Your Saturday sounds perfect!

Malissa said...

nope, no sliding. ONE CANNOT say "i refuse to answer". it's the ONLY rule.
unless it is defamatory (is that right??) to one's character or the character of a loved one or spouse, you MUST answer. ;) sorry, Ryan.

Ryan said...

I feel like I must now indeed answer to make sure that I can in the future...

Perfect Saturday:
- Lazy morning, Snuggle with wife until the boy wakes up,make pancakes and sausage, play with the boy, play golf while wife and boy get well deserved naps, COLD beer at the 19th hole, eat a Jac and Do's pizza for dinner, cuddle with wife and fall asleep.

There you go...

-rc

Anna@MetaMusings said...

Sounds like a wonderful Saturday!
(Perhaps I would like golf better if I could make it to the 19th hole. I always seem to lose energy before that.)

Malissa said...

yay for Ryan! that sounds like an absolutely WONDERFUL saturday if i do say so mysself. (p.s. - Ryan, you should know that we YAAAYYYY obnoxiously at the end of a really good answer)