Sunday, February 25, 2007

Tortilla Pinwheels


I recently took an appetizer to a party that people seemed to enjoy. The best part of this appetizer is that is it incredibly easy. Cut a few things, mix things together, plop it in the frig...and there you go. I have to give credit to a cousin-in-law, P., who does tortilla pinwheels for family Christmas. (I LOVE THEM). This is not his recipe but his pinwheels are what inspired me to find something like it.
8 oz sour cream
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies, well drained
1 (4 oz) can black olives, well drained (optional)
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 c. chopped green onion
5 burrito sized tortillas
Mix all of the filling ingredients together thoroughly. Divide the filling and spread evenly over the tortillas; roll up tortillas. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, twisting ends; refrigerate for several hours. Unwrap; cut in slices 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Can serve with salsa (optional).

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hey there!!! This blog even got my sweet hubby to come take a look at the computer. :) Church was cancelled this morning due to ice, so I am loafing. He gave Orange Kitty & Gray Kitty catnip this morning so they are certified fruitloops right now. He said that he has found that if you go half & half with the cream cheese & sour cream, the sour cream "over-lubes" the mixture. P. also adds the secret ingredient of "nepalitos" (tender young cactus!) and of course... to his "fire" variety, marinated jalepenos. Glad your pinwheels went over well... I just heard P. from the kitchen musing, "I might just have to have some of those today." :) cheers!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Oh, yum. Thanks for this.

I believe I may make these tomorrow for my mother-in-law's engagement party.

:-)