Saturday, March 31, 2007

Circle Game Saturday


We skipped a week, so I had to make sure we played this weekend. Don't forget the rules...Everyone has to play. Even you circle game haters. Sticking to the theme of domesticity...
What is an item in your kitchen that you could not live without?
For me, it's my automatic egg boiler that my MIL (mother-in-law) got me a few years ago. As an egg lover, it is absolutely wonderful. I get 18 eggs at a time; 9 stay raw and 9 go into the Egg Head (that is truly it's name). The part I love...you have to poke a tiny hole in the eggs before you boil them, so you always know which are cooked and which are not. Instantly I have breakfast for a few days, all the ingredients I need to quickly whip up egg salad, and an automatic salad garnish. Love it! Your turn.

8 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I saw that egg thing. It's amazing.

In my kitchen, I couldn't live without...

1.) In Toledo: My kitchen aid mixer. I used it ALL the time.

2.) Here in Mexico: Toaster.

Anonymous said...

My wife.
-B

Ryan said...

pancake griddle...

...easy one...

Anonymous said...

My birthday knife from Warther's! It's my absolute favorite and I am a little bemused at how I was able to get anything accomplished in the kitchen before my MIL purchased this beauty for me. They are manufactured in Dover, OH and come with a free knife sharpening service that customizes the knife to your dominant hand. Vegetables everywhere... BEWARE!
-M

Malissa said...

i would say a crockpot.

Amy said...

Amy: "cast iron skillets, baby!!!
...also the compost bucket under ths sink... and my "More With Less" cookbook."
By the way, I just read my answer to Paul, and he said, "It's all lies! We all know what your answer should be."
Amy: "the coffeemaker?" Paul: "Duh!"
(Amy: honestly, that's the first thing that came to my mind... but I thought it was pretty boring of me)

Anonymous said...

My small Pampered Chef cutting board and the paring knife from Lehman's Hardware. They are both always dirty. :)

Anonymous said...

Since my cooking ability consists of boiling water for mac and cheese, I will respond as if I am discussing the shop- (a.k.a. farm garage) I could not live without a pressure washer to clean dirt covered equipment.
- farmer C