Monday, April 30, 2007

Book Review - Einstein's Heroes


Ever have those feelings of "I wish I would have paid more attention in (fill -in the blank with a high school/college subject)________________________ class"? If you've ever had those feelings about science or math, I've got the book for you. I will not pretend it's another Lord of the Rings or Chronicles of Narnia. It is probably not a book that you'll stay up until 3 in the morning to finish. However, it does a very good job of making math and science discoveries interesting. It has a nice combination of personal stories intertwined with the nitty gritty details of science and math. One does not feel as if she/he is laboring through a 300 page physics text with no pictures, and one does not need to be a PhD to understand the phenomena being described. So, if you'd like some good, educational reading this summer, pick up Einstein's Heroes by Robyn Arianrhood (yes, I spelled this last name correctly). If you do, let me know what you think. Happy reading!

No comments: