Wednesday, April 4, 2007

What is WRONG with me?

I cooked again last night and it's not even spring break. I loved the recipe. Easy and yummy. That is all one can ask for.
I have to give appropriate applause to my Mennonite folk recipe book from CMF that provided me with this recipe. If you try it, let me know what you think.

Ingredients:
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 T of taco seasoning
1-2 T of vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
1 c chunky salsa
3/4 c peach preserves
Cooked rice

Directions:
Place the chicken in a large plastic bag. Add taco seasoning and toss to coat.
In a skillet, brown chicken in oil.
Combine salsa and peach preserves, stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes until meat juices run clear.
Serve over rice.

2 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

You're nesting. ;-)

You're like a little bird.

Amy said...

Hey there A!!! You have happened upon one of our FAVE recipes!! :) Here's something you should try... it's like blogging, but on paper and IN your cookbook. Whenever you try a recipe, note the date and something brief about the results. For example, after this recipe, I have noted "made for Paul & I while house-sitting for Farmwalds (w/ good salad). This recipe is a winner." Mom does this, and I like it because it triggers memories of special occasions. For this recipe, I also like sauteeing onions along with the chicken. Also, in this cookbook, you'll have to try Yum-setti on page 153. Tell T. it's got Velveeta... hee hee!