Monday, January 18, 2010

I AM SO SMART, S-M-R-T

I think this is a Homer Simpson quote, but really, it reminds me of my cousins, Megan and B-Rent. 

And because I was giddy with glee, it's what I repeated to myself today after I finished my four hour graduation exam for my master's.  I have a few loose ends to tie up, but essential in my mind, I'm done.  Pressure's off.  I have to tell you, despite this extra large baby I am carrying around, I feel 20 pounds lighter this afternoon than I did this morning.  It's a fabulous feeling. 

I really did enjoy my experience as a grad student.  I have absolutely no regrets about the path I took to get this degree; however, I am definitely ready for a break from reading research articles and writing papers.

8 comments:

Malissa said...

YAY YAY YAY!! i am SO proud of you! so happy this is (essentially) over just in the nick of time!

Written Permission said...

Woohoo!! Go A!!!! SO excited for you (especially that you're done -- ha). :)

And that IS a Homer Simpson quote. It's a popular one in our household. :)

(My verification word is "tersty." As in, "Can you hand me that glass of water? I'm tersty." Boo...)

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

YAY! This is such good news!

Now you can take your time, enjoy your life for a few weeks (and sleeping) and get ready for this little man!

YAY!

Dri said...

How wonderful! Congratulations, Anna!

Kendra said...

Congratulations, A!!! What wonderful timing, and such a relief just before the little man joins your family.

Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Friend. I know just how wonderful this feels. We will celebrate! Then we will celebrate again when you can have some fun adult drinks!! :) Whoohooo!!!!
-S

Jill said...

Congrats, Anna Banana! You did it:) Now it's time for your next degree: Parenthood! You'll ace this too:) The paper writing is not over though as we fully expect lots of blogging on Bean.

Could be any day now...

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rumita. You are great. Go you. And I totally have to echo what everyone else said about Thank God you got it done and have a little time to yourself before baby arrives. I can't wait for that, by the way!