Friday, June 8, 2007

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER

Wahoo! I have completed another school year.

I have spent my first day of freedom cleaning dishes, removing old caulk from my windows, and counting change. Now I think I will work for an hour or so on school work for next year. I understand that this might odd since I was just celebrating my freedom, but I would rather do this work now than under stress of the beginning of next school year. I think I am starting to learn to practice preparation instead of procrastination.

By the way, I can't explain how nice it is that my schedule is not dictated by bells that ring twice every 40 or so minutes.

6 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

YAY FOR YOU!
(I am so jealous.)

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

(Oh, I just had a hard boiled egg for lunch. Thought I'd tell you.)

Dri said...

You ladies and your eggs....

Congratulations to you! This is a much deserved break from high schoolers, bells, grading homework and well, high school drama.

Anonymous said...

Good job baby. I hope you have a wonderful summer. We are proud of the fact that you and other family members are teachers. What a great profession. We are even more proud that all of the teachers that we are close to are dedicated to their profession and to the students they serve. That dedication is truly a gift to those students that they will appreciate long after they sit in your classroom. They will always remember the teachers that truly give of themselves.

Da

Malissa said...

it is so hard to believe that you are going to be a 7-year teaching veteran. so proud of you and the work you do; you are a wonderful educator. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for teachers! You all rock and being married to one I understand that you have stressful lives...BUT I must continue to give all of you crap about your 4 hour work days and the fact that you only have to work 5 months out of the year :-)
It is a hoot when a teacher that doesn't know me thinks I am serious about that...