Monday, July 16, 2007

NPF


T and I went to watch our first NPF (National Professional Fastpitch League) softball game on Saturday. For me the experience was a cool one for many reasons. The main reason was to see the women getting a chance to play the game they love at a high level of competition and getting paid for it. Society has given this opportunity to men for a long time in many sports. It is fun to feel like perhaps I live in the era when this same opportunity is being extended to women. It will take a while for the organization to have widespread recognition. But as I watched the little girls and boys scramble for autographs after the game, I am convinced that the NPF has a future. I know I will return.
My favorite part of the game...the left fielder breaking through the fence to prevent a home run. Second highlight...the pitcher laying out to catch a foul ball to end the top of the inning. The Racers won the game in the 7th inning 3-2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a treat to be able to share that with you, wifey! When we were driving home, you said, "I don't mind your job when I get to be there, too." And please know that I feel the same way.

Hope we can go back and support the team! And a co-worker from Akron just told me that next time we have to go Swenson's - home of the best burgers in the state - and get a Gally Boy and a chocolate malt.