Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday Circle Game

I'm still in vacation mode, as I assume some of you are as well. So I decided that the circle game should be related to travelling.

In 1997 my dad visited his 50th state when he, my mom, and I travelled to Hawaii the first time. I think this is a cool accomplishment, and I hope that I too can one day say that I have experienced all 50 states. So here's the question: Approximately how many states have you visited and which one is your favorite?

I had problems of thinking of all fifty states, so I have provided a list here.

(This picture is from our recent Hawaii trip, not our previous one. And yes, B-rent, I swear I took this picture and the ones below in the vacation update.)

7 comments:

Anna@MetaMusings said...

If I counted correctly, I have visited 29 states. My favorites include Alaska, California, and Hawaii. Apparently I need to spend a little more time in the northeast (Randa, here I come) and the North Central area of our country.

Anonymous said...

I have been to 16 states, a few more if you include just driving through them.

It's honestly hard to pick my favorites because I like them all for different reasons. I like Wisconsin because we are visiting family, I like the coastal states because you're on the ocean, I like other states because there are mountains.

If I had to choose, I would say my favorite as far as scenery would be Georgia. We went to Savannah and it was gorgeous and reminded me of a time gone by.

Anna@MetaMusings said...

I would love to go to Savannah. I've heard it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I have visited 28 states. I think there may be more that I've passed through on road trips but seeing how I have no recollection of this state I am not counting it.
My favorite? That's a toughy. Right now I love living in CT b/c I am so close mountains, the ocean and big, cool cities. But in general I would say any state with big mountains and lots of nature. Love It!!
P.S. You are welcome to the NE at anytime.

Anna@MetaMusings said...

Definitely hoping to take you up on that offer, Randa!

Anonymous said...

B-rent and I were just in Savannah today, I would not suggest visiting in late July. When we did manage to muster our energy to travel from one air conditioned spot to another it was beautiful. I know it sounds goofy but I would suggest a trolley tour first to get you oriented to wha tthe city has to offer in the way of attractions. Cool place with plenty of pubs!
-M

Anna@MetaMusings said...

If you survive the heat, I am looking forward to seeing pictures :)! Have a great time. Good to hear from you!