Friday, July 13, 2007

Recycling


I am ashamed that it took this long to happen, but I am FINALLY taking advantage of our curb side recycling...and I feel very good about it. Plastics #1 and #2 you shall never enter my trash again! Aluminum cans, you too!
P.S. I am now in the habit of using my canvas shopping bags...at least 98% of the time...and I am a true believer. Not only am I saving on plastic bags, but I can sling all my groceries over my shoulder at once and make only one trip into my house. Love it!

3 comments:

Dri said...

Good for you! We will soon be doing curbside recycling as well. I feel overwhelmed with how to organize our trash so that it isn't a hassle each week, though.

How are you guys doing it? Do you have separate trash cans?

Anonymous said...

Yay for recycling!! I wish it was mandatory and subject to fine in our country (as is in Germany) but we are not there yet. We do recycle. We don't have trash pick up so we take ours to the Transfer Station where they have not only trash but recycle for just about everything. We were never told there was restrictions on plastic so I through every piece of plastic I can in there...hopefully its getting recycled and not just thrown into a big plastic pile somewhere. We can even take odd items that we just don't want in our house any more and people come and take our junk...it's quite funny. However I am a little miffed that there is no place to recycle plastic bags...they tell you to just throw them in the trash. Our last place had a trash can for them.
Sorting: we have 3 small trash cans in the garage. 1.plastic 2.paper 3. cardboard And a plastic bag for cans

Anna@MetaMusings said...

That's awesome that it is mandatory in Germany! It seems from what I can tell on the news that they are pretty conscious about the environment. If I remember right it was their PM (Angela Mercker sp?) that pushed the discussions on climate change and greenhouse gas emissions.
Go Germany ;). Perhaps we can learn a thing or two from them.