Friday, September 18, 2009

The Prego Report

Here's the word on our third doctor's visit...


BEAN:
18 weeks and growing like a weed, apparently...and feisty. Gave the Doc's stethoscope a kick while she was trying to listen to the heartbeat. Heartbeat was good and steady...around 145 bpm. I haven't felt movement yet, but this is no surprise since the placenta is apparently providing a nice cushion between me and Bean.

ME:
Besides the random wisps of hair that are growing below my normal hairline (really, will I have any forehead left?), I have enjoyed pregnancy. It's been so easy that sometime I forget I'm pregnant (knock on wood). Although this is getting tougher as my stomach seems to be growing exponentially. I've been very fortunate, though, that I haven't experienced morning sickness, have had energy, and have enjoyed a break from an achy knee because of all the cool hormones flowing through my body.

A Note from T:
Hi everyone... it's T here. Yes, I think this is my first time that A has allowed me to write in Metacognitive Musings. Every doctor's appointment is fascinating and I am reminded that it's truly a miracle growing in there. Our doctor is very nice and A is doing such a good job. Experienced parents at my office say things like, "I bet her mood swings are interesting, huh?" or "how's the new little one in charge doing?" and I have to tell them that really nothing has changed yet.

Yet, anyway.

Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!

Back to A.

Our Biggest Decision for the Moment:
To vaccinate or not vaccinate. I'm fairly comfortable getting vaccinated for the seasonal flu; however, my doctor would like for me to get the H1N1 vaccination. T is all for this and was relieved this was the doctor's advice. Me? I kept wavering. Being a teacher I am around students ALL the time. Sometimes they forget to cover their mouths when they cough or decide they don't need a tissue when they really do. At these moments, I think the H1N1 vaccination is a good idea. But then I get nervous...is the vaccination really safe for me and the baby? It seems to be rushed to the public and this is what makes me nervous. I guess the good news is that I have until October to decide.

4 comments:

Malissa said...

so glad to hear that all continues to go well.
that vaccination stuff stressed me out!! ugh.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your pregnancy has been going so well. People still make comments to Ty about how he's "handling me" through pregnancy. He continues to disappoint them as well since things continue to go good for me. I hope that T keep telling people you're great! Yay!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Yay! What a fun update. I cannot WAIT to find out if you're having a boy bean or a girl bean! (Let us know when you're ready for us to guess.)

I'm willing to wager that those grumpy pregnant women were grumpy BEFORE they were even pregnant. I'd like to think I was tolerable when I was preggers, too. (C. may back me up on this.)

Loved T's guest spot.

:)

TAKE care.

Jill said...

How exciting! I have those wispy hairs too, although mine didn't show up until I was done nursing. Had no idea Finny would give me sideburns. They are growing out now though so there is hope for your forehead. The vaccine is a bit intimidating. I tend to put a lot of trust in my doctors though. Good luck with your decision!