Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Getting my Cook On

I only get excited about cooking when life feels stress free.  Otherwise, it's a drag.  When there is a mile long to-do list, planning, shopping, chopping, cleaning up, etc...feels like an enormous chore.  But yesterday, after a somewhat unexpected snow day and time to relax, I was ready to cook. 

The menu: Pear and Spinach salad, Mini Meatball Soup, and roasted brussels sprouts (thanks, Two Pretzels, for recently pointing out the correct spelling).  Yum, I can't wait for lunch so I can help myself to leftovers. 

It was the first time I had ever cooked brussels sprouts.  The verdict: I liked them roasted, drizzled with a little bit of olive oil, and sprinkled with salt.  But here's the kicker - I didn't have to clean them. A woman from work gave me homegrown brussels sprout already washed and trimmed.  I feel like I can't really judge these mini-cabbages until I experience the whole process, so I'm currently withholding my final thoughts.  If you have some hints on the cleaning process of these little green gems, please share. 

2 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

(I adore the title of this post.)

(And I'm glad you enjoyed your Brussels sprouts.)

Jill said...

Thanks for your note, Anna. I would love to come over for brussel sprouts some time. I have a feeling that your cooking days might be numbered. Where is that little guy anyway? One week away from introducing himself?