Monday, September 6, 2010

Moving from 2006 to 2009

Today I said goodbye to a loyal friend,
my Motorola Razr. I've had it since the fall of 2006. I think this makes it 120 in phone years. 

At one point in techie history, all the cool kids had one, but it has since fallen from grace, and now it just looks archaic. 

But regardless of appearance, my Razr was steadfast and got the job done. 

Until recently...now it can't hold a charge longer than a good 15 minute conversation.  This tends to hamper communication...the sole purpose of its existence. 

So I have ushered in a new friend,



 the enV3. 

May it have as good of life as its predecessor. 

3 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I love that you had a cell phone for that long.

I feel that if it works, you shouldn't get a new phone... I held on to a cell phone for about 3 years and that it unfortunately was dropped into a glass of water and had to be replaced.

(P.S. My sister and I were just talking about how we missed the simplicity of the razr. It was the perfect size. Everything.)

Condolences and congratulations at the same time.

Sarah said...

I never had a Razr, but I was jealous of those who did.

I have had and EV2, not much different from the 3, and I LOVED it. I just happen to destroy phones. I think I had it a little over 2 years.

Malissa said...

oh, friend. i look forward to more conversations shared via env3. ; ) goodbye, trusty razr.